Sunday, July 8, 2018

Lotus Flower


I believe this photo comes as close to painting with light as any I have ever taken. Many of my photos are on this website, but of course, I have tens of thousands that are not. I also put my photos up on Pinterest.com. It is interesting that some of those photos have tens of thousands of views and saves. But the photos I particularly like are seldom popular. When I took this photo, I was surrounded by hundreds of photographers taking photos of the lotus flowers. I am assuming many of those will end up online. This virtual flood of images makes each of the images have less impact than they would in a studio or viewed in a museum. But I do not take photos with the expectation that they will become popular, I take them for my own desire to express what I think and feel about the world around us.

1 comment: