Monday, October 25, 2010

Where the skies are not cloudy all day?






When I came back to the U.S. after two years in Panama, I almost turned around and went back when I saw how smoky and yucky the air quality was on the East Coast. The only thing that kept me going was the thought that when I got out West, I could see blue skies and clean air again. Hmmm. Good thing that was many years ago. Today, the air quality in the lovely skies of Arizona is not that great. If I had arrived with today's skies, I might be writing in Spanish from Panama. This shot is across the Grand Canyon from the North Rim looking south towards the San Francisco Peaks. Like the air quality? I don't. The last time I went to the North Rim the air was even worse and I took almost no pictures of the Canyon. What use is it having a world class scenic attraction if you can't see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment