Monday, February 8, 2010

Canon Camera Museum

When asked about his motives in disassembling a Leica to produce Japanese made high-grade 35mm cameras, Yoshida explained in later years:
"I just disassembled the camera without any specific plan, but simply to take a look at each part. I found there were no special items like diamonds inside the camera. The parts were made from brass, aluminum, iron and rubber. I was surprised that when these inexpensive materials were put together into a camera, it demanded an exorbitant price. This made me angry".
From the Canon Camera Story 1933 to 1936, The Birth of Canon.

This is one of most impressive informational sites I have seen recently. The amount of information about the history of Canon cameras is unbelievable. It is well worth a visit to the Canon Camera Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment