Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Grow Boxes



I was first introduced into grow-box gardening back in the 1980s, through the books of Jacob Mittlieder. Hre is a citation to his first book that caught my interest. 

Mittleider, Jacob R. 1975. More food from your garden. Santa Barbara, Calif: Woodbridge Press. http://books.google.com/books?id=nVAjAQAAMAA

During this time I lived in Mesa, Arizona and had a large backyard and so I used the backyard to grow a yearly garden and put the idea of grow boxes on the back burner. Now I am back with a growing interest in grow boxes. Some of my children have improved on my original gardens. The image above is one of those gardens. I began my "writing career" writing a newsletter about gardening and I am thinking of going back to my original interest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment