Thursday, February 6, 2020

Washington DC Metro Station


If you have lived almost your entire life in the deserts and mountains of Utah and Arizona, your experience in subways is probably rather limited. While working as a Church Service Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we lived in Annapolis, Maryland and had ample opportunities to ride the Washington, D.C. Metro from the New Carrollton Station. Fortunately, parking was inexpensive and with the benefit of a Senior Pass, we could ride the Metro for less expense than trying to drive and park in downtown Washington, D.C. I am not a newcomer to public transportation. I depended on buses for transportation when I was younger in Phoenix, Arizona and later in Argentina as a full-time missionary and in Salt Lake City, Utah while attending the University of Utah until I finally got a car. I have also used the buses and subways in San Francisco. But my interest in and utilization of public transportation hit a new high in D.C. I also had an opportunity to explore part of the subway and bus system in Paris, France. Now that I live in Provo, Utah, I sometimes find it convenient to use the bus system in this relatively small town.

No comments:

Post a Comment