Monday, February 10, 2020

A Fall Day in Washington, D.C.


If it ever occurred to you to ask, I post photos taken from random time periods. This photo of Washington, D.C. was taken more than a year ago. Most of the landscape photos you will see on a "stock" photo website are highly "photoshopped" and stylized with dramatic lighting. Unfortunately, real life is not at all like that. I do not stage my photos, even the dramatic ones. However, I do travel quite a bit and I have a huge number of photos to choose from. I like to go back through my photos and pick ones that I missed posting at about the time they were taken. This photo was taken on our last trip to downtown Washington, D.C. before we moved back to the West. We lived for a year in Annapolis, Maryland digitizing records at the Maryland State Archives for FamilySearch.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment