Thursday, September 20, 2018

Jack-in-the-Box and In-N-Out


This photo has two memories. First is the menu from a Jack-in-the-box drive-in back in the 1960s. Notice the prices of the items such as a hamburger for $.24. Good luck today in finding these prices. The second is a small photo of one of the first drive-ins in California, the In-N-Out drive-thru. We have eaten at this first drive-thru a few times. I am essentially the product of fast food. I usually ate at either Jack-in-the-Box or McDonalds. Our family was sort-of dysfunctional and our meals were seldom sit-down affairs. I also attended a high school clear across Phoenix, Arizona, miles from my home and so I would stop and eat on the way home, usually in my car. Some of my children will not eat at fast food restaurants, but I still do. I realize this is not a great photo, but it does bring back memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment