Monday, October 13, 2008

Use no forks

I was driving down the road and, as usual, reading all the signs. There was a truck in front of me with a large box. Printed on the box were the words, "USE NO FORKS." Now, I have been living for quite a while, and I am pretty much up on the news and such, but I have no idea why there is now a movement in America to ban the use of forks. As a former, and sometimes present, Boy Scout, I have gotten along well with just a knife. However, it is a little hard to eat things like jello, pudding and cold cereal with a knife. I assumed that spoons were invented for that purpose, and although I could probably make due with my fingers, a spoon and knife, forks have seemed to be convenient on occasion. Come to think of it, I really can't think of anything I couldn't eat with my fingers, a spoon and a knife. Maybe they are on to something?

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you are on a roll today! Thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete