Monday, October 13, 2008

The subject of signs

Now that I am on the subject of signs, I thought I should complement the Arizona State Department of Transportation for dispelling one of my great fears in life. All around the state you see signs that say "ICE MAY BE PRESENT IN COLD WEATHER." It was always a secret fear of mine that driving through the blazing heat of summer in Arizona, I just might hit a patch of ice and fly off the road. Now courtesy of the AZDOT I no longer have to worry.

Dust storms in Arizona can cause serious accidents on the highways. Admittedly, this is a problem and one that all drivers should be aware of. However, there are signs that say "REDUCE SPEED IN TIMES OF LOW VISIBILITY." (There are a few variations). Now, if there is reduced visibility, how am supposed to see the sign? I guess its just supposed to be a reminder, like all those signs that say "DO NOT CROSS DOUBLE LINE." They just make it hard to turn left. Not to mention all of the signs that say, "DO NOT PASS." I guess I break that one every time I pass one of the signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment