Monday, September 5, 2022

Up Close with a Chrysanthemum or Macrophotography with an iPhone

 


Many years ago, when I was starting to be seriously involved in photography, I was fascinated with macrophotography and photomicrography. At that time, one way to do was to use a bellows unit for microphotography and a microscope for photomicrography. I purchased bellows for my Pentax camera and got some really nice shots. But a macrophotography bellows in really not suited for spontaneous outdoor subjects. You have to have the entire bellows mechanism mounted on your camera and then have both on a sturdy tripod. Here is a link to an article on Wikipedia that explains macrophotography. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macro_photography

I was always going to buy a macro lens but never got around to it. Now, I have a macro lens in my pocket on my iPhone 13 Pro Max. I am just starting to see the possibilities. 


No comments:

Post a Comment