Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Another Grand Canyon Photo

 

Whenever I visit the Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona, I take lots of photos. Most of these photos are of the Canyon itself. Does the world need another Grand Canyon photo? Yes. Recently, the coal-fired power plant near Page, Arizona was permanently shut down. This photo is from my first visit since the shut-down and the air is as clear as I have ever seen it and I have been going to the Grand Canyon for over 60 years. Now some photos show the Canyon with clouds or snow. These photos are usually on a day that appears crystal clear. But the day in this photo was perfectly cloudless and you will always see the natural blueness of the air. This is always true because the oxygen in the atmosphere scatters blue light. Here is the same photo without some of the blue in the air removed. 

Here is what it looks like with the blue removed entirely. 



No comments:

Post a Comment