Wednesday, December 9, 2020

A Lot of Pennies


 Over the past few years, I have almost completely stopped carrying any "change" with me when I am shopping. We do all our purchases with cards. Once and while, for whatever reason, I have to pay with cash so I might end up with some change. The pennies go into my penny bank which is in the shape of a pig. I did a little research and there are about 130 billion pennies in circulation in 2020 in the United States. One interesting fact is that the penny accounts for the largest amount of loss for the U.S. Mint. From 2009-2019 the U.S. Mint produced pennies at a total loss of $586,000,000. In 2019 the loss was $73,000,000. See https://www.lx.com/money/pennies-for-your-thoughts/17579/ I have no idea what I can do with all my pennies. I guess I could put them in rolls of 50 and deposit them in the bank. 

No comments:

Post a Comment