Friday, March 27, 2020

Storm in Northern Arizona


It is always interesting to see a storm move through. I have been fascinated by storms for most of my life. I always feel like I need to be outside and feel what is really happening. In the western part of the United States, the storms track generally from west to east. In the summer they come from the Southwest and in the winter they come from the Northwest. There are always exceptions. This part of Arizona is very nearly a desert, usually defined as an area with less than 10 inches of rain a year. The area shown in the photo gets about 8 inches a year. In Mesa, Arizona where I lived for many years the rainfall average in right on 10 inches a year so it qualifies as a desert. Provo, Utah where I live now gets almost twice that amount with 18 inches a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment