Monday, April 1, 2019

Yes, they are cactus


We all have the propensity to judge people, animals, and even plants as groups. This is especially true when we know little or nothing about the group. Each of these cactus plants is an individual. But collectively, they don't even look much like cactus. These cactus are Tephrocactus articulatus v. strobiliformis. They really are cactus. Here is an appropriate poem on the subject.

Walking in Beauty

With Beauty before me, may I walk.
With Beauty behind me, may I walk.
With Beauty below me, may I walk.
With Beauty above me, may I walk.
With Beauty all around me, may I walk.
In old age wandering a trail of Beauty,
lively, may I walk.
In old age wandering a trail of Beauty,
living again, may I walk.

Attributed to the Diné

No comments:

Post a Comment