Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Nothing Alive


Of course, I am alive and I am the one taking the photograph. But this is the only view of its kind in the United States I know about where you can see this much without seeing one living thing. Not even a blade of grass, a cactus or a creosote bush. It is well named as Death Valley. I know places where there are sand dunes where all you can see is sand, but if you turn your head slightly, you can see a mountain with trees. Here, there is no living thing. Hmm. That sounds almost beyond reality. Actually, it is beyond reality. You have to select the photos pretty carefully to avoid people, cars, roads, and etc. If you look closely at the tops of the ridges, you will see trails where people have climbed and walked. Oh well, it was close to being a wilderness, it was just a highly visited National Park. If I turned around from this photo, I would see a parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment