Monday, February 8, 2016

Icicles Out My Window


I doubt the novelty of Winter will ever wear off. After living in the desert for over forty years consecutively, I am really enjoying the snow and ice. Yes, there are limitations and annoyances about having cold, wet snow all around, but the benefits of seeing the beauty of it all far outweighs the inconvenience. The weather has apparently ideal for growing huge icicles on all the houses. The ones out my window are about three feet long but we have seen some over four feet long. I am sure that few people here in Utah Valley feel like icicles are much of a benefit, but I am fascinated with their form and the mere fact that they exist. The weather might warm up in the next few days and I expect that they will disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment