Friday, June 4, 2010



You could spend a lifetime just looking at sunsets in Arizona. Whenever I go to the east coast of the U.S. I always miss seeing sunsets. When I first started taking pictures, when I was about twelve, I ran to get my camera when there was a beautiful sunset. I guess as I got older, I realized that sunsets were progressive, they constantly change as the clouds move and the sun drops lower below the horizon. Film never did preserve the essence of the sunset and even digital images look washed out and tame compared to the real thing. I think sunsets are there to remind us that beauty has a purpose in turning our hearts towards eternity. A person only becomes poor when they can no longer appreciate the sunset.

The picture was taken at Rock Crossing in the Coconino National Forest, near Blue Ridge Reservoir. 

No comments:

Post a Comment