Thursday, August 27, 2015

Zinnias


When I think of flowers, I usually do not think of zinnias. They are colorful and have lovely shapes, but they seem to me to be planted merely for the purpose of having a spot of color. If they were not so common, they would be spectacular. But they are usually planted in large beds that hide the individual flowers in a swatch of color. It is interesting that those who sell seeds, classify zinnias for the "beginning gardner." Of course, the implication is that any experienced gardner would not spend his or her time planting zinnias. Why is this the case? I would be glad if anything I planted grew. I have spent a long time gardening. I was once considered an "expert" and taught classes around the community on gardening, but I would still plant zinnias.

No comments:

Post a Comment