Friday, August 7, 2015

The Arrow of Time


We see our surroundings in patterns. This phenomena is called pareidolia or the ability of the mind perceives a familiar pattern where none exists. Pareidolia is the visual or auditory form of apophenia, which is the perception of patterns within random data. See Wikipedia: Pareidolia. It is almost impossible not to see a pattern in this image. I can see patterns, including faces and objects, in almost any arrangement of light and dark, including floor tile, leaves on trees, clouds and all sorts of other situations. If you go back through my photos, you will see the many instances where I have taken images that show underlying patterns. First, I focus on the arrangement of the elements in the photo, but then I often see the patterns in the elements. I presently have 2705 posts with photos on this blog. See how many have underlying patterns. You will probably be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment