Thursday, August 6, 2015

Moosehorn Lake in the High Uintahs


We drove to the Uintah Mountains in eastern Utah hoping to find a camping spot. It was a busy weekend in August in the great outdoors and we found that nearly every available camping spot, including roadside pull-offs had been taken. We checked each of the campgrounds in succession and found them all full. As is my habit, I don't believe everything I am told, so I drove around in the campgrounds to verify that the signs posted were accurate. In the Moosehorn Campground, we found two open spots and quickly paid for the camp permit. I had never been to this campground before and it wasn't until the next morning that I found out we were camped only about 50 yards or so from the lake. I got up early and wandered down to the lake with my camera and took a series of incredible images. So, welcome to Moosehorn Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment