Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Water of Life

The early pioneers in Arizona and elsewhere in the desert Southwest, followed the waterways. There aren't rivers as you would think of them if you live where there is water, most of the watercourses are dry or almost dry during the hot months of the year. But the more time you spend in the desert, the more you value water as water. The Scriptures speak of living water. I relate to those references because of the value of water to me and my ancestors as we have lived without abundant water. It is very easy for me to understand how the teachings of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, could be compared to a stream of water or water in the desert. Just as we need water every day to survive, my ancestors survived on the precious water found in the muddy rivers of Arizona and at the same time the words of our Savior in the Scriptures. I do the same today.

No comments:

Post a Comment