Monday, December 19, 2016

A Study in Black and White


One of my young grandsons was recently taken to a movie that turned out to be in black and white. He could not understand why the movie was not in color. It is true that color is ubiquitous today. But it is also true that some photographers still prefer black and white photos for a variety of reasons. Here is the same photo that is shown above in what is really gray scale and not just black and white when the color is restored.



Since I see the world in color, I relate more to the image in color. But, I still see the attraction of the gray scale image. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Great example and I like the black & white better. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except for Ansel Adams, I find black and white boring. I love the shades of color in a photo.

    ReplyDelete