Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Summer Flowers for the Fall


I have thousands and thousands of photographs many of which are of flowers. The usual flower photo is iconic. It shows the lovely flowers with perfect lighting and most frequently a single bloom unless it is a bouquet. But flowers are living plants and not all plants are studio ready. My flowers are not always sitting in a studio or available under optimal lighting conditions. Sometimes the days are cloudy or the lighting may not be optimal. Here I like the color and the mass of flowers. I see the beauty regardless of the conditions of the photo. I also see the form and texture which changes every minute as the light changes. Computer assisted digital photography has almost completely eliminated reality from photos and movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment