This is a replica of the original log home constructed by the family of Joseph Smith, the Prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Quoting from the HillCumorah.org website:
Around 1818 Joseph Smith, Sr., his wife, Lucy Mack Smith, and their eight children moved from Palmyra village to Stafford Road, just north of the 100 acres they planned to acquire. They built a log home and outbuildings where they resided for approximately seven years.
In late 1825 they moved a few hundred feet south to their new frame home. Their son, Hyrum, had arranged to purchase the eighty acres of land surrounding the log home. Following his marriage to Jerusha Barden, in November of 1826, Hyrum and his wife resided in the log home.
In the spring of 1829, Father and Mother Smith and their younger children returned to the log home where they lived with Hyrum’s family until the fall of 1830.