Thursday, November 26, 2015

Self Portrait in Reflection


I was walking by the Harmon Building on the Brigham Young University campus and decided to take a self portrait. I guess I am indicating that the world is very big and I am a very small part of it. It also shows how present the mountains are in this world of the Utah Valley. We had an interesting conversation about the mountains. One of my daughters said she could never figure out why it was called Utah Valley because she could not see the mountains on the west side. Well, there are mountains to the west, but they are not nearly as imposing as the Wasatch Front to the east. Provo is in a valley, in fact, the entire area is called the Great Basin because there is no river drainage outside of the valleys. All of the water flows ultimately into the Great Salt Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment