Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A Golden Field


There are several plants in the United States that are called "skunk cabbage." I suppose that I could have entitled this post "A Field of Skunk Cabbage" but that would not have been nearly as idealized as referring to the gorgeous color of these plants. This is another of those images that utterly fail to capture the impact of standing in a mountain meadow and looking across to the mountains in the distance. This is the kind of view that is waiting only a few minutes away from my home on the trail to Buffalo Peak. Every one of the peaks here in the Wasatch Mountains has a name, but only the most prominent are well known. I cannot really see this particular peak from my front yard, because it is hidden by the massive rock face known as Squaw Peak at the mouth of Rock Canyon here in Provo, Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment