Monday, April 27, 2015

Fritilleria Imperial Crown


This unusual flower is an Imperial Crown Fritilleria. There is a painting by Vincent Van Gogh called Imperial Crown Fritillaria in a Copper Vase. The original is in the Musée d'Orsay, Paris , Bequest of Count Isaac de Camondo 1911. This particular one is growing in Pleasant Grove, Utah in my daughter's front yard. I don't think these grow so well in Mesa, Arizona, so I am not very familiar with the flower. One of the first paintings my wife and I first purchased was a canvas reproduction of the Van Gogh's Sunflowers. Just a few years ago, probably 40 years after we purchased the painting which had been hanging in our house all that time, I saw a photograph of me as a little child, maybe one or two years old with my parents. Behind us on the wall was a reproduction of the Van Gogh Sunflower painting. Apparently, I had subconsciously remembered the painting and when I got older was attracted to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment