Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Crashing Waves


 Waves crashing against the shore hold multiple levels of fascination for me. Having lived most of my life in the desert, water is a novelty. This is especially true of water that is in some sort of violent motion. I could probably sit for hours and simply stare at the waves on the seashore. But I am relegated to living in an area that is practically, for all intents and purposes, a desert. However, I could look out my window and see the effects of eons of wave action. Looking at the side of the hill that was formed by the action of the waves on ancient Lake Bonneville. This huge lake filled most of what is now northern Utah and extended into other states. The geological features called "benches" around the valleys are in fact the ancient shoreline of this lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment