Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Contrast from Alaska


In the middle of all of these beautiful shots of Alaska and Canada, I thought it might be interesting to see where I come from. This is my country. Beautiful in its own way but extremely different than the forests and tundra of the North. I really enjoy seeing the beautiful glaciers and mountains of Alaska but there is a difference when I am in Northern Arizona and Southern Utah, that is home to me and home is always beautiful. I love the rock formations and the clay hills. I am glad I do not have to trade one for the other because there would be no decision at all to make. I would choose the desert over the mountains of Alaska. I now live on the side of a mountain. But it is a mountain in the desert and that makes it my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment