Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall Mushrooms

Fall or autumn is a difficult concept here in the desert. Most of the leaves do not turn until close to the end of the year and some leaves only fall off the trees when they are replaced by new ones. The other part of the concept, of which I am reminded each time I think of the years I spent in Argentina and Panama, is that this is the start of Spring in the Southern Hemisphere and there is no Fall or Spring in the tropical jungles, only wet season and dry season (which is mostly wet from my perspective). I propose that we designate the day the temperatures drop below 100 degrees here in the desert for the final time each year as the official start of the Fall Season. But wait, that means that it is still Summer here!

No comments:

Post a Comment