Monday, July 9, 2012

Another Peacock

I couldn't resist posting another peacock. This is a white peacock. Both peacock photos have the same problem, a shadow of the photographer. Here, with a lot of effort, the shadow could have been removed, but what is more important in taking photos is to watch the sun and make sure you have the right composition in the first place. Unfortunately here, I could not move back or to the side to get the photo. Here is a quick job of removing the shadow:

I could have spent more time but the point is merely to illustrate the idea of watching where your shadow falls and avoiding the time spent in the first place.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's interesting sometimes to have the photographer's shadow in the picture. For instance, if your shadow had appeared on the tail of the white peacock, and it had looked obviously like your shadow (instead of a dark blob), the whole meaning of the picture would have changed. It would have been about your interaction, rather than just the bird (though the bird is certainly a glorious subject). I've taken pictures of my shadow in landscapes and called them self portraits. Those self portraits remind me of some of the petroglyphs I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing beauty!You spent much energy to make it better.

    ReplyDelete