Monday, March 26, 2012

Over Abundance

When I get too much of the same thing, I have a tendency to begin to wash out the details and consider only the overall impression. Here, each of these gorgeous flowers would be a gem by itself. But in the abundance of blossoms they loose their individuality and become a background. It is only very rarely that I feel like a individual most of the time I am simply background. But even when I feel like a background, I realize that I can shine just like these individual flowers and my small spark of light will make a difference to the overall picture. As Christ taught, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16.

1 comment:

  1. This new format is bee-utiful; love it. Your eye for the extraordinary nestled in the trappings of everyday is inspirational. Your humorous posts are my favorite. Which is to say, almost all of your posts reveal at least a hint of your quirky humor. Como apropriado. We are all so much blurred background with moments of individual, brilliant light.

    ReplyDelete