Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Little Colorado River


This is one of those photos that you need to click on to really see. The thumbnails shown in the blog post do not do justice to the scope of the original. I have spent a considerable portion of my life living around the Little Colorado River. This stream originates high in the White Mountains. Here is a photo of the same River but about 200 miles upstream.


How much of what I know and believe is influenced by the contrast between these two areas? I relate more to the vast spaces and barren desert of the panorama than I do to the cool mountain stream shown in the second picture. It is easy to see the beauty of the forested glen, but it takes work to appreciate the beauty of the desert plateau. I like the work part.

No comments:

Post a Comment