Friday, January 1, 2016

Quartz in Sphalerite and Pyrite


For some time now, I have been wanting to expand my photographic experience to include making photos of objects in a light box environment. A light box allows the photographer to make detailed images of objects with a very controlled lighting thereby eliminating harsh shadows and at the same time creating a uniform background. I recently purchased a light box from a new startup, Shotbox.me, that exactly fits my needs. In the future, I will be including photos of everything from soup to nuts and from a to z. This is a specimen of the minerals quartz in sphalerite with pyrite. I hope you see the potential of presenting minerals and other objects in this fashion as I experiment with different backgrounds and lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment