Thursday, August 13, 2015

Cascade Spring in the Wasatch Mountains


The Wasatch Mountains are right outside my door. I can look out almost any window and see them rising precipitously to the east. The dramatic view of the mountains from the valleys is often referred to as the Wasatch Front that includes all of the cities and towns from Mount Nebo on the south, north to the Idaho border. The advantage of living so close to the mountains is that when I have a free afternoon, we can take a bike ride up Provo Canyon or drive into the mountains on the Alpine Loop. There are a number of remarkable areas including a huge natural spring area called Cascade Spring. There is a distinct contrast between driving out into the desert (especially in the Summer) and driving out into the mountains. I miss the desert, but I welcome the change to the high mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment