Friday, March 6, 2015

Early Morning Mountain Glow


If I watch carefully, I can see this out my front window and run outside and take some photos in the freezing cold of a winter's morning. In Utah Valley, the mountains are all around but the high Wasatch Mountains are to the East. So when the sun comes up, we are in the "shadow of the everlasting hills" as they say here in Utah. It also helps that our house is built on one of the highest levels above the valley floor. We do have houses looking down on us, but they are less than 100 feet higher on the mountain. My working window looks out on the side of the hill, but the front window, just to my right, looks out over the valley and if I move a few feet I can see the mountains to the north. I guess I am satisfied to trade spectacular views for warmer temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment