Sunday, March 18, 2012

Organic Form

When I am not too busy with the cares of the world, I can see pictures all around me. I have started carrying a camera almost all the time and I am mostly impressed with the organic forms that appear like magic all around. This branch reminds me of a huge centipede, but regardless of the association, it is a wonderful abstraction in its own right. I wonder sometimes if many people see the beauty that surrounds them. Some people of the world have this concept as part of their culture. I think it is said best by the Walking in Beauty, Closing Prayer of the Navajo Way Blessing Ceremony, which says, in part:
With beauty before me may I walk.
With beauty behind me may I walk.
With beauty below me may I walk.
With beauty above me may I walk.
With beauty all around me may I walk.

1 comment: